Among Nikon’s recently announced super–telephotos, the Nikon 600mm f/4G ED VR AF-S NIKKOR has the highest reach and is expected to command the highest price. Designed mostly for sports, news, and wildlife use, this is expected to be present in the arsenal of the most sought–after porfessionals.
- Ultra-fast aperture, super telephoto lens.
- VR II (Vibration Reduction) offers effects equivalent to using a shutter speed 4 stops faster.
- Nano Crystal coat reduces ghost and flare.
- Closest focusing distance: 5m.
- Excellent dust and water resistance.
- Meniscus protective glass element.
- A/M mode prevents accidental switching when using autofocus mode.
- Focus preset possible.
- Tough aluminum Trunk case CT-604.
Expected for European release in November 2007.