A super–telephoto lens, the Nikon 500mm f/4G ED VR AF-S NIKKOR should be well suited for sports and news photography as well as those into wildlife, allowing for great reach at excellent quality. Featuring Nikon’s VR (Vibration Reduction) technology, this is expected to cost a premium but quality should be well worth the price, for those who can actually afford it.
- Fast aperture, easy-to-handle, super telephoto lens.
- VR II (Vibration Reduction) offers effects equivalent to using a shutter speed 4 stops faster.
- Nano Crystal coat reduces ghost and flare.
- Closest focusing distance: 4m.
- Excellent dust and water resistance.
- Meniscus protective glass element.
- A/M mode prevents accidental switching when using autofocus mode.
- Focus preset possible.
- Tough aluminum Trunk case CT-504 included.
Availability is expected in November 2007 for Europe.