The Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF-S NIKKOR is a new ultra–wideangle zoom lens from Nikon that is designed to work with full–frame bodies like the new Nikon D3, with f/2.8 constant aperture to boot! This should rival the Tokina 12-24mm which is one of the ultra–wide favorites for current DX/APS–C and full–frame shooters.
The key features:
- Professional, extreme wideangle zoom NIKKOR lens.
- 14-24mm zoom range (DX equivalent: 36-105mm).
- Nano Crystal coat reduces ghost and flare.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for whisper quiet and fast autofocus.
- ED glass to minimize chromatic aberration.
- Rubber mount seal.
- Instant manual focus override (M/A or M switching).
- Integrated hood.
- Soft pouch CL-M3 included.
The Nikon 14-24 should be an excellent lens based on Nikon’s history of producing great lenses, but we’ll see for sure once it starts shipping.