Olympus has just announced it’s new Four Thirds format body, the E-3. This new body can do 5 frames per second of continuous shooting, at 10 megapixels. To complement this new SLR body, they also have several pro–level lenses (and a 2x teleconverter) announced at the same time, namely:
- ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-60mm (24-120mm) 1:2.8-4.0 SWD
- ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 50-200mm (100-400mm) 1:2.8-3.5 SWD
- ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-35mm (28-70mm) 1:2.0 SWD
- ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70-300mm (140-600mm) 1:4.0-5.6
- ZUIKO DIGITAL 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20
However, with the market very much crowded by both Nikon and Canon, will the Olympus E-3 be commercially successful?